Buttermilk Lemon Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 TBSP butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Bright Cow Buttermilk
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 2 TBSP buttermilk (for brushing tops)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add zest if using.
- Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and beat eggs with vanilla and Bright Cow Buttermilk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pat out dough to about 1 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 pieces.
- Place scones on a baking sheet and brush with Bright Cow Buttermilk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375(°F) oven for 18-20 minutes.